Sunday, October 30, 2011

Neither death nor life can separate us

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. John 15: 18-21

I mentioned this case back in July, and it seems there hasn’t been much progress, although it has gotten quite a bit of attention internationally. Unfortunately, it is unclear what his fate will be.  Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani was arrested for the “crime” of converting from Islam to Christianity and leading others to follow Christ.  He is accused of the crime of apostasy which is punishable by death under Sharia Law.

He is currently being given Islamist propaganda in prison in hopes that he will recant his faith in Jesus Christ, but he is standing firm in his faith in Jesus. It is my prayer first of all that he stay strong in his faith, that he may be strengthened by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus’ name be furthered in the world because of this persecution that Youcef is facing. I pray that he may know peace that surpasses all understanding. It goes without saying that I pray that the Iranian government do the right thing and release this innocent man from prison.

Youcef knows more than any of us, I think, that no one can take Jesus away from us as believers. I pray that he be comforted knowing that he is not alone, that God is ALWAYS with him and that many are praying for his release every single day. Please keep him in your prayers and remember to thank God for the freedom that we have to practice our faith in Jesus.

Check out a recent video here.



I’ll finish up with a couple of my favorite verses:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment