Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tragedy in Norway



“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 5:4

I don’t have too much to say about this except that I find it all very confusing and convoluted the way that it is being presented in the press. This man the media is labeling a “right-wing Christian terrorist” doesn’t have much to do with any Christians that I know—so why label him Christian? I’m pretty sure it has something to do with staying “politically correct” and saying that there are Christian as well as Muslim terrorists. Never mind the fact that he has absolutely NO ties to any church, any group of activists or any political party.

They are also saying that he is anti-Muslim. If that is the case, why didn’t he go blow up a mosque or target an area with a high Muslim population? (Obviously, I am absolutely in no way condoning anything of the sort--just trying to figure out the logic being used here.) None of it makes a whole lot of sense. Why, of all people, would he target Norwegian teenagers as young as 14 if his goal was to stop immigration from Muslim countries? It makes absolutely no sense.

I, for one, am not really buying the story that the media is putting out there. It seems a bit complicated and unlikely that this man was able to bomb a government building in Oslo and then go to Utoya island and proceed to murder in cold-blood so many people all by himself. (He himself first claimed that he did everything himself, then that others were helping him, and now I believe we’re back to him acting alone.) Where were the police? How is it that many local Norwegian civilians were able to help and rescue more people than the police themselves? What's your take on it?

Every day I see the world getting worse and worse and it really and truly pains me. I look forward to the day that all of this evil is banished for good and we will be in paradise with God. For now, the only thing I can say is that this man has to be severely mentally unstable to think that what he did was good. It is absolutely disgusting. Please pray for the families of the victims of this terrible crime—for God to give them comfort and peace in their time of suffering.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment